Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Resident Alien

I want to share one of my many great epiphanys... I was reading "The Barbarian Way" when the author, Erwin McManus, tells his daughter that he is a resident alien and not of this Earth. She was quite troubled to learn this fact but McManus went on to explain that it meant that he was born here but he truely belongs to God in Heaven. At this point in time I was asking God why I never seemed to fit in and why I didn't really have any good friends at school. It is at this time I realized that it's simply because I am an Alien. I don't fit in because I'm not meant to fit in. I'm different from all of them because I have realized my faith and I dove into it. I'm completely different from those around me and it took McManus' book to show me this. So now whenever I feel alone or like a don't fit in with others I pull out my resisdent alien card and remember that I don't fit in because I'm different. Because I am from a place not of this Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment